Getting kids involved
There are so many ways to involve children with food and help them build healthy habits for life. Whether it is nurturing through growing and harvesting their own herbs, fruit and veggies, collecting chook eggs or planning a meal. Maybe playing games, singing songs, reading stories and discovering where different foods come from in cultures and countries around the world. All these activities can build a strong foundation and positive relationship with food and family.
Family dinner craft activities
Meal-times can feel quite repetitive and sitting around a table as a family can be quite stressful. Getting children crafty and making something to put on the table can get them involved in a different angle of meal-times and create a sense of celebration, calm or curiosity.
- Table treats Conversation starters + shepherd’s pie
- Table treats Table decorations + wholemeal pizza
- Table treats Place mats + vegetable frittata
- Table treats Tea light holders + pumpkin & apple soup
- Table treats Fun ice cubes + minted pea pesto